At Rover European Travel, we are proud to be part of Busk UK’s ‘Simply Safe’ school travel plan.
Our Safety Charter
As a Busk Simply Safe member, at Rover European Travel we guarantee to provide;
- 1st class service by a family run business established since 1947.
- Fully maintained coaches meeting all legal compliances.
- Access to records/audit trails of driver walk around checks, vehicle defects/parts ordered etc., by prior arrangement. This will demonstrate how well run our business is - essential for passenger safety.
- Coaches with average age of 8 years.
- Coach fleet that includes ECE R66 Regulations vehicles (anti-crush roof)
- Professional drivers trained in all aspects of transporting passengers.
- Coaches with choice of two and three point safety belts to include factory fitted belts.
- Coaches carrying safety and emergency equipment.
- Coaches fitted with CCTV, ABS/retarder braking systems, passenger safety information cards, driver emergency kit, vehicles that are safety inspected every 6 weeks.
- Coaches with clearly defined emergency exits to include additional exit door, specified windows, roof hatches.
- Emergency planning procedures for drivers to put into action in the unlikely event of a crash/breakdown.
- Safety announcements prior to beginning of a journey.
- CRB checked drivers.
When we carry children or young people, the organiser/s of the trip is/are required to:
- Follow any instructions given by the driver (legal requirement). Drivers are legally in charge and have the same authority as an airline pilot or sea captain over who they carry.
- Inform the driver immediately if any problem arises during the journey.
- Take all reasonable measures to ensure that children/young people do not cause any distractions that might affect the ability of the driver to concentrate on the important task of driving safely (legal requirement).
- Assist the driver in meeting the Driver’s Hours Regulations (legal requirement).
- Ensure all passengers are wearing safety belts correctly and that belts are worn throughout the journey (legal requirement). Incorrectly worn safety belts carry the same penalty as not wearing a belt at all.
- Locate where all exits are positioned and where emergency and safety equipment is stored.
- Ensure luggage is stored safely and exits and aisles are kept clear (legal requirement).
- Ensure two adults are seated at the rear emergency exit and that they are familiar with how to use this emergency exit and ensure adults are seated throughout the coach with the task of pupil supervision. The organiser of the trip has a legal duty to provide a safe journey.
- Ensure that food and drink is not consumed on the coach and ensure that all passengers observe the no chewing gum policy.
- Leave the coach in the same condition at the end of a journey as it was at the beginning removing all passenger rubbish when leaving the coach.
This safety charter is designed to improve the safety of every passenger when travelling with Rover European and has been produced in conjunction with BUSK UK.